November 25, 2012

Shine Bright Like A Diamond


Really, there's nothing more exquisite or effortlessly breathtaking than diamonds. 

A girl's best friend, according to Marilyn Monroe. And our lovely local fashion design hero Karen Walker agrees, having just released a particularly decadent but thoughtful, beautifully refined and personal collection of diamond-studded rings

Once you pick your diamond carat and cut and precious metal of choice (yellow or white gold, palladium or platinum) there are more than 30 variations on the rings. 

I love the sweet daisy cutouts on the solitaires, which show off the sparkling stones to best effect, but my favourites are the wax flower rings that build on Karen's most recent Botanicals jewellery collection (have a look here).

I was lucky enough to visit the workshop where these special pieces are created, and wrote about it here

Shine bright like a diamond.

x

1 comment:

  1. Knowing Karen Walker jewelleries also sell in Oz, I still can't wait to see them in Auckland! Wish I can visit the secret workshop. x Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave them! x